The Caribbean Telecommunications Union (CTU) is pleased to invite you to join its on-line Caribbean Internet Governance Forum (CIGF) which has been established to engage stakeholders in the development of appropriate policies and structures for Internet governance (IG) in the Caribbean. The CTU's work in this regard is being undertaken at the request of the CARICOM Secretariat which has had lead responsibility for the coordination of policy matters related to information and communications technology (ICT) in the region.
This on-line CIGF facilitates the CTU's multi-stakeholder approach to the development of regional IG policy, drawing on the expertise and experiences of policy makers, regulators, service providers, content providers, consumer groups, academia, professionals, end users and other Internet interest groups in the region e.g. the Caribbean ICT Virtual Community (CIVIC) et al to:
- Share knowledge and develop expertise in IG in the Caribbean
- Identify and review key IG focus areas and resource priorities for the Caribbean
- Develop regional consensus and formulate Caribbean positions on IG issues to influence international IG developments
- Promote efficient and effective local administration of Caribbean IG resources
- Develop an appropriate framework for ongoing regional coordination of IG to promote development and greater use of the Internet in the Caribbean.
- Initiate and implement IG and Internet development projects for the Caribbean.
This on-line CIGF is a convenient vehicle for collaboration on the selected IG focus issues and, in particular, for collating comments on and facilitating further development of the draft Caribbean IG policy framework posted thereon. This document itself contains background information on recent IG policy development efforts in the region as well as statements of proposed vision, mission and specific policy initiatives towards developing a Caribbean information society. The forum also provides access to relevant reference materials to better inform contributors' commentaries. Alternatively, feedback and comments may also be submitted via e-mail to
Become a part of the Discussion.
You can contribute! The CTU has provided an online forum for the exploration of the ideas surrounding Internet Governance and other ICT issues in the Caribbean.