The Caribbean Centre of Excellence (CCoE) is a virtual web-based facility which is dedicated to providing training, technical assistance, expert advice and information on all aspects of the development of information and communications technologies (ICTs) in the Caribbean.
Through the CcoE, Caribbean stakeholders will be able to access
- Relevant executive training for policy makers, technocrats, practitioners and regulators on all aspects of technology and management of the ICT sector.
- Technical assistance for anticipating and solving ICT problems.
- A repository of telecommunications information for the region.
- Caribbean consultants and experts who can address issues of ICT development in small island states and understand newly liberalized markets of the Caribbean.
- Research and analyses on topics of importance to the region
- Caribbean Yellow Pages of ICT equipment and service providers
- Caribbean classified advertisements relating to the ICT field.
The CCoE will provide these services by establishing strategic alliances with reputable and internationally recognized institutions. In addition, statistical information will be collected on an on-going basis from ICT institutions operating in the region.
The schedule of activities to be undertaken through the CCoE will be informed by the results of regional need surveys.
The CCoE will be administrated by the staff of the Caribbean Telecommunications Union.
CTU CCoE Coordinator
All services and programmes delivered through the CCoE will be run on a cost recovery basis. Fees will be charged for registration, technical assistance and tuition.